Tremors.....EarthQuake

Oh God... it’s my 3rd experience here in Japan. But this is the bigger one.....heart got stuck for a sec....this is wat I thought to write, a minute after the tremor yesterday.
I have experienced tremors for 4 times in my life...but this last one freightened me a little.

First one happened tht morning on 26th Dec 2004. It was a Sunday and I was awakened at abt 6:15 am itself by a short tremor which last for hardly less than a min. Then came the news, sea water is getting into the city, Chennai.... no one judged tht it's Tsunami, the killer wave... its an unforgettable day which changed the life of many.

Second one... it happened just 3 days after I landed in Tokyo in August 2005. It's nearly 3'O clock, after the noon. I felt as something is shaking ...oh my goodness it’s an earth quake..the building shaked for nearly 3 times. I was shocked. There was no reaction from most of my team mates, very few in my team got disturbed and just whispered to their neighbor, "Jishin desune (Oh..earthquake)" and continued their job. Hey, it's a matter of life...how come they are able to react (???) like this. Is it because they are used to it or is it because of the higher precautionary measures they are having? But it was indigestible for me. I stared at my monitor for more than 10 mins with out doin any thing...trying to bring myself back to the normal state.

My third experience with a tremor was when I was in a party in one of my colleague’s house. It was very mild. It seemed as I too got used to this shaking environment.

The last one which I felt y'day(31-08-2006) evening was little strong. It didn't last for a minute. But there was a big shake in the mid. I thought of running down (my office is just in the 2nd floor). That moment I felt as every thing is goin to fall down...really my heart got struck for a sec. But there was no reaction from any of my team mates....they continued staring the monitor as if nothing has happened. May be it’s their nature..but this patience or politeness whatever they call is beyond the extrems. Later, read in the news : it measured 4.8 in Richter scale and its 3 out of 7 in the Japanese scale. Thank God...there was no damage any where.

Tremors...it's little more thrilling than my favorite Roller-Coasters!!!

Comments

Nagappan said…
Hey, came across your blog and found some similarities and lot of dis-similarities with my blog.

Me too, most of the time write on my experiences in Japan.Started blogging very recently;

http://premnagz.blogspot.com/

and let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Utilizing WFH Efficiently

Wandering to write..

Back!